Friday, March 23, 2012

Shamrockin'

Can you believe this amazing weather we've been having? 80 degrees on St. Patrick's day!!!! It doesn't get much better than that here in Chicago during March. I swear, this has been the best end of winter ever. Heck, an amazing fall, followed by an incredibly mild Seattle-style winter and now launching into the most beautiful spring I can remember has made for a great welcome back home to IL. :)

On Friday, the boys and I hopped in the car and headed out to Aunt Cathy's to spend the day with her. Caiden has been asking to go to "Aunt Caffy's Park," so we made it extra special by enjoying a yummy picnic lunch there. We spent a couple hours at the park and then headed back so the boys could take their naps. Cathy and I chit-chatted while they snoozed, and then when they got up we played some more before heading back home.

On Saturday, Amy and Jerry came up for a long overdue visit. We soaked up the beautiful weather and spent most of our time outside. The boys played exceptionally well together and had lots of fun playing in the yard and in the sandbox.
That night, B graciously stayed home while Amy and I got out for some much needed girl time and went to see local favorite Modern Day Romeos perform at Chord on Blue in St. Charles. I couldn't believe it when I realized the last time I went out for St. Pat's was way back in '07 on the famed party bus! It was also crazy to be walking outside at night in a strapless summer dress in the middle of MARCH and be completely comfortable. :) The band put on a great show, and we were in our usual spots in the front row.


We were also "treated" (ugh) to a couple overtly expressing their love lust right next to us for a good hour. Amy and I both wanted to tell them to "get a room!" I'm generally fine with some "dirty dancing" for a couple of songs, but they were getting downright graphic. *gag*

Annoying couple on the right
Anywho, the holiday weekend wouldn't be complete without some festive cookies to celebrate! The next day I got to teach Amy how to decorate with royal icing, and we both had so much fun with it! I think she is going to be a natural. :) Of course I took a couple of pictures as well.



It was such a FUN and relaxing weekend! Great company and beautiful weather are so good for the soul. :)

No comments: