So I mentioned in my last post that I was going to post more of my personal baking/cookie endeavors here. I also mentioned that most likely the next creation would be cookies for Caiden's class. Well, since I only needed about a dozen cookies for that, I had some extra dough to play around with. I've been dying to try some new techniques I learned about, so what better opportunity to play with them than now?! :)
I used one of my biscuit cutters to make some simple round cut outs. I also made 1 1/2 batches of the royal icing so I wouldn't have to worry about running out of colors for the Valentine cookies. I am ridiculously excited about how easy these were to make and how much fun it was trying out the various new patterns! These are all "flat" designs. No raised piping done with these. :)
I did swirls, polka dots, my initial, and the last one I'm not quite sure how to describe. :) By far, my absolute favorite is the red cookie with the white swirl and black border in the photo below. I absolutely love how it turned out!
I am so glad I had the chance to practice this new technique! It takes the cookie designs to a whole new level! :)
3 comments:
Looks great! I loved how they all turned out!
Thank you!! :D (BTW, when Caiden saw these he informed me that cookies are for sharing and can he have one please. :) )
I agree with Caiden. Cookies are for sharing - I'll be looking for a package in the mail!
Post a Comment