Day fifteen - donation day!
Last year we started the
tradition of shopping for a donation to make at our local food pantry. I
think this really stuck with Caiden as he often mentioned it when we
went back to the store where we made the purchases. I am thankful that
we have enough so that we can give to others who are in need. I am also
thankful that we can start instilling this desire in our children. I
want them to learn to embrace that Christmas is more about giving than
it is about getting.
This year it was a boys trip out.
Brian when with Caiden and Ezra while I took care of some things at
home. They checked online what was needed at the food pantry before
journeying out in the wet weather.
On the way out of
the store, Brian's box broke open and he was trying to wrangle the kids
and gather up the spilled items in the rain. Fortunately, two kinds
souls quickly lent helping hands and they were able to get everything
gathered up quickly.
Unfortunately
we've been stymied by the limited drop off schedule at the pantry.
However, we can drop off the items at our church and they will be
delivered before the holiday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment