Our first activity is making Christmas cookies! I was a little nervous about undertaking the activity, because well, I'm a perfectionist - especially when it comes to decorating cookies these days!! But I told myself that this is a fun, carefree activity that is about the kids and not decorating skills. :)
Caiden and I started off with making the cookie dough, and then Ezra got to help out with cutting out the shapes. I handled baking the cookies and making the (peppermint) frosting to speed things up a little. We still ran out of time on day one, but no big deal - that just left us the chance to decorate the next day without having to watch the clock for bedtime.
I got the kids set up at the kitchen table for our decorating adventure!
Caiden and Brian worked together on decorating, while I teamed up with Ezra. Caiden did a great job frosting his cookies and deciding how he wanted to decorate them. I was really impressed! :)
Ezra took the "shake vigorously" approach with the sprinkles and often
covered more than just the cookie. :) He also figured out that he could
decorate a cookie by dragging the frosting side over the scattered
sprinkles on his tray. LOL!
I had just enough frosting for the cookies, and the cookies were a perfect size for little hands to manage. I also kept it simple by having only 3 colors to work with. This was a really fun experience and I'm glad the whole family got to participate!
1 comment:
So much fun! Some of my favorite holiday memories are of decorating cookies with my girls. It always seemed like so much work before hand but was always worth it in the end.
Post a Comment