Saturday, December 1, 2012

Countdown to Christmas

This year we are kicking off a new tradition - the Countdown to Christmas! I was inspired to do this from a very similar idea I read about on another blog I follow. Here's how it works: there are 24 numbered envelopes. Each envelope contains a fun activity for either the kids or the whole family to do. That's it! Super simple and a fun way to stay connected to one another as we get thru these hectic days leading up to Christmas.

While I do know what all the activities are, I don't know what is in each specific envelope. Well, I know what a few are because certain things need to happen on or by a specific day, but the rest will be as much a surprise to me as it will be for the rest of the family!

I used my Silhouette cutting machine and my printer to create all the cards and the numbers for the envelope. It only took a couple of hours to print, cut and assemble all of it.


 The final piece was going to Michael's and picking out a cute box to hold the envelopes. :)


I'm really looking forward to seeing how this works out!

No comments: