Anywho, this overwhelmed feeling lead me to make a cheat sheet of our favorite recipes so that I had a quick go to when it came to picking out the meals for the week. I really like having that available to me. What I try to do now is pick out 2 or 3 new recipes to try each month and then rely on the old standards to get us thru the rest of the days. My cheatsheet wasn't very pretty tho, and it was starting to get ragged. Plus, it never contained any side dishes - another area of difficulty for me. So, imagine my delight when I stumbled across this brilliant and beautiful menu planning system on a blog I frequent - IHeart Organizing.I was instantly captivated! It turns out it was an idea from Better Homes & Gardens. They have the templates available on their site. All you do is open the file, type in your menu items, print it on magnetic paper (yes, I was surprised to learn of the stuff too!) and voila! You have your new awesome menu system. :)
Instead of going out and buying new whiteboards and a fancy calendar, I just re-purposed my existing whiteboard and made some room on the side of the fridge for the menu labels. So my only investment was buying the magnetic paper.
Mine isn't quite complete yet. Turns out I have a lot more in the "meat" or main dish category than I realized, and I need to create a few extra labels (like "leftovers" and some duplicates of side dishes we commonly consume more than once a week). But I "launched" it last night and so far I LOVE how it looks! All of my main meat dishes, veggie sides, bread/grains/pasta and salads that we commonly eat are all listed in front of my face in a very eye pleasing manner. I hope this will make my weekly meal planning more fun and less of a chore! Here, you can have a look too. :)
2 comments:
Hmmm... this certainly makes the random introduction of taco dogs into the Duchek menu a bit more difficult! Well played, madam. Well played indeed.
This is a crazy awesome idea! So glad you found it! I hope it works well for you. I totally want to implement this (or something similar) at our house!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment